LAST UPDATED: [JANUARY 20, 2015]
The Properties are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Properties.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, you may request certain information once per year about our disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information during the preceding calendar year to third parties for such third partiesÕ own direct marketing purposes. Please send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail to Warner Music Group, Attn: Privacy Coordinator, 1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified in this section.
Personal Information We May Collect
Two types of information are collected in connection with the Properties: Personal Information and Other Information. Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual. Other Information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity. Other Information is addressed separately below, under the heading OTHER INFORMATION.
We and our third-party service providers may collect the following Personal Information from you:
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information through the Properties, for example, when you participate in various opportunities provided through the Properties, such as:
How We May Use Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers may use Personal Information:
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Properties or otherwise to us.
Other Information We May Collect
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information (defined above), such as:
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or your device: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and version of a Property that you are using. We and our service providers may also collect a unique device identifier assigned by us or our service providers to the device from which you are accessing a Property and other transactional information for the device that we and our service providers may use to serve content to the device.
- Through your use of Mobile Apps: When you download and use a Mobile App, we and our service providers may track and collect Mobile App usage data, such as the date and time the Mobile App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Mobile App based on your device number.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device from which you are accessing a Property by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Property, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Property. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Property usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Properties and determining your approximate geographic location.
o If your device stores Flash LSOs, and if you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device through which you access the Properties, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as information on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Properties or our content. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
o The use of these technologies allows our vendors and third parties and their vendors to deliver advertisements about our products and services, and the products and services of others, when you use the Properties or other applications or visit websites or web properties across the Internet. These parties may place so-called pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or similar technologies on the device through which you access the Properties, and other applications or websites across the Internet, and also place or recognize third-party cookies when you use the Properties, or other applications, websites or web properties. These vendors may use information about your visits to the Properties, and other applications, websites or web properties (excluding your name, address, and telephone number) to provide advertisements for us and others about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org or the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info.
o Our Properties do not respond to browser-based do-not-track signals.
- Geographic location information: If you use any location-enabled products or services, you may be sending us location information. When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your precise geographical location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We and our third party service providers and partners may use your devices physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, content and advertisements. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your deviceÕs location, but if you choose to deny such uses, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: We may collect demographic information, such as your zip code or gender, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily provide this information to us. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Properties.
- Information about how you interact on the Properties: We may collect information about how you interact on the Properties. For example, some Properties may utilize analytic tools to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the Properties. This collected information may let us know which services and features you are using the most within a Property, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download, etc.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate Personal Information so that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Properties, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who like a particular artist.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in How We May Collect Other Information section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
In each case, please make clear in your email what you are opting-out from. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that, if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our artists or unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request. Please also note that, if you do opt-out from receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you; you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change, or remove your Personal Information and Posted Content
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us or content you have previously posted on a Property, you may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information or posted content you would like to have changed or removed and what limitations (if any) you would like to place on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that such request does not ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of Personal Information or content posted on a Property. For example, we may need to retain certain information or content for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information or content that will remain within our databases and other records that will not be removed. We are also not responsible for changing, removing or suppressing information or content from the databases of artists or unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information or content.
Warner Music Group
New York, NY 10019
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.